What is Water Submetering?
Water submetering involves the installation of individual metering devices in each tenant unit that monitors their individual water usage. Rather than using a single master meter and charging tenants a uniform utility bill as part of their rent, submetering each unit allows for accurate individualized readings and billing. It puts the tenant in control of their water bill and takes the expense off your books.
What does Kaptech Submetering do?
Kaptech Submetering is a full-service sustainability company that installs state-of-the art water meters that accurately and automatically report readings every 15 minutes to an electronic portal. Once installation is complete, we provide complete billing services, providing each tenant with an individualized invoice for their monthly water use and a detailed accounting to you.
What are the key benefits of Kaptech water submetering?
- Increased Net Operating Income (NOI) and CAP rate
- Increased property value
- Stabilized budget
- Ability to offer more competitive rental rates
- Shifts financial responsibility for water consumption and sewer use to tenants
- Fast identification of leaks
- Conservation! Water usage typically is reduced by 15-35%
- Reduce sewer utilization charges
- Rapid Return On Investment
- Submeters require no annual maintenance
- Provides financial protection during recessions
HOW DOES IT WORK?
What are the key features of our submetering system?
- Cellular service--no on-site radio or computer equipment required
- Rugged, utility-quality meter with a lifetime of 20 years+
- Battery operated transmitters, no electrical connections are required
- Battery life typically lasts 12-15 years
- Kaptech online Portal continually monitors pump operation and battery state
- Leak detection provides immediate alerts to tenants and to property management 24/7/365
- Automated billing, including the use of pre-authorized and credit card payments for the
- ease of collection from your occupants
- Our online Portal and mobile app* allows 24/7/365 hour access to an occupant’s account
- The Kaptech Portal can be used to report an issue with their service and also provides resources to lower their consumption
* Mobile app scheduled for Q2 2021 release
KAPTECH'S ONLINE PORTAL
Real-time visibility for both property managers and tenants
View real-time, down-to-the-gallon water use for every household in your community with a one-stop, turnkey system. Visualize water use patterns, detect leaks, identify high usage and prevent costly damage. Kaptech Submetering’s cloud-based web portal and app allows you to visualize each tenant’s actual water use on a real-time basis. Our portal application also has the ability to interface directly into your existing property management software.
Why is water submetering from Kaptech a great investment?
IT INCREASES THE VALUE OF YOUR PROPERTY
Perhaps the most important reason to install a water submetering system from a financial standpoint, is that it will add value to the asset. By dramatically decreasing your water utility expense, submetering increases Net Operating Income and the property’s CAP rate. By limiting your water and sewer cost to what is used in common areas, your move a substantial area of expense off your books.
IT HAS A RAPID ROI
Water submetering from Kaptech has a rapid payback period and substantial Return on Investment. Your investment in the system installation is typically recovered within the first 12 months, often less. Since our meters last 20 years or more, it is an investment that will pay dividends for decades.
ELIMINATES THE HEADACHE OF ESTIMATING AND ALLOCATING WATER UTILITY COSTS
Estimating changing water utility costs and trying to properly allocate those expenses is a big headache. Whether you use a flat-rate or RUBS allocation method, you’re constantly faced with the task of allocating water costs to the churn of new and existing leases to cover your costs.
YOUR COMMUNITY WILL CONSERVE WATER
Submetering will reduce your property’s water consumption by 15%- 35%. How? When you make your tenants financially responsible for their own water usage they become hyper-aware of the costs. This prompts them to use water more efficiently. They’ll avoid washing dishes and clothes when only half-filled and take shorter showers. Plus, they’ll be more concerned about getting pesky water leaks or running toilets fixed before hundreds or thousands of gallons are wasted.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT HOW KAPTECH SUBMETERING CAN HELP YOUR PROPERTY!
Let Kaptech Submetering show you and your team how water submetring can deliver increased income, value and water conservation for your property. Shift the financial responsibility for water to your tenants!